Tuesday 9 October 2012

First attempt (Guinea pig)


My wonderful sister Ellie has very kindly let me use her as Guinea pig to practise my acrylic tips.  This means in essences, I can spend hours and hours faffing about on her nails desperately trying to get them to look right.




I have this idea in my head of how they should turn out but in reality I'm not even close :(

My first attempted had a few problems. Selecting the right size tip and then secondly blending the tip with the natural nail. The tip selection is a simple thing yet I made several silly mistake which were very clear when you see the finished nails.

Blending is something I though would take longer to master, I think, I hope, I have kinda got it now. I just need to more ruff with the file on the nail and not with Ellie's skin!

The main challenge that I'm faced with is the big one. I understand the theory behind applying the acrylic. I've watched lots of videos on youtube but yet I still can't get a nice neat 'smile line' and when I do, the top layer of pink is either to thick or not spread out evenly. When I do concentrate too much on the 'smile line'  I then don't seam to place enough white onto the tip which makes them look thin and just not right.

This is why I've started this blog, I need feedback, I need tips and kind words of advise :)


No comments:

Post a Comment