Friday 1 February 2013

Laid-Back 31DC Day 1, Black and White

Day one in a new challenge is Black and White.

I didn't have any ideas where to start with this challenge. I was at a lost for inspiration so I had to ask the boyfriend. I told him the theme and asked for the first few 'things' that came into his mind. I got Penguin, Newspaper and Domino's. Domino was the clear winner.

I've used Models Own Pro, Jacks Black PRO014 as my base. The Pro range are all '3-Free' polish – which means it's friendly to both you and the environment. Then with a white nail art pen and it's striper brush swiped down the middle and used the pen section to create the dots. It's only once I'd done all the lines I thought the line created by the striper brush was to wide and bold and I should have used either a thinner brush or used the pen section. The same goes for the dots instead of using the pen I think a cleaner dot would have been made by a dotting tool (oh the irony! lol)

So what I've learnt on day one. If you have a tool that is designed for dotting - USE IT. and when you need to create a subtle line a standard striper brush is just not gonna do the job. Must remember to do a 'test run' of the design on paper first. I wasn't gonna re-do my nails I will just have to learn from this.




1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thought you might like to know that I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! http://specialgirlnails.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/yay-i-won-liebster-award-or-3-lol.html

    ReplyDelete